Saturday & Sunday
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Closed on all major holidays
Closed month of December following Open House
Donations gratefully accepted
Guided tours upon request
Group & School Tours
are welcomed and encouraged by appointment,
weekdays or weekends.
There are circumstances where the museum is not able to be open during the designated times, or only certain building are open. To prevent any inconveniences, we recommend calling ahead or checking the website for any schedule updates prior to your visit.
Agricultural Education Center
7313 Sharpsburg Pike
Boonsboro, MD 21713
Getting here:From Interstate 70, East or West
- Take exit 29, proceed south on MD Route 65 towards Sharpsburg for 7 miles;
- The Agricultural Center is on the left.
- The museum is located to the immediate right just inside the entrance.
From Hagerstown Center Square
- Potomac Street (MD Route 65) South approximately 10 miles on left.
- Maryland Route 65 North approximately 4 miles on right.
From Pennsylvania & Points North
- I-81 South to I-70 East to Exit #29 (Sharpsburg Pike - MD Route 65) South approximately 8 miles on left.
From Virginia/West Virginia & Points South
- I-81 North to I-70 East to Exit #29 (Sharpsburg Pike - MD Route 65) South approximately 8 miles on left.
It's just a short drive to an earlier time
Only a short drive from Baltimore, Washington, and Frederick, the Washington County Rural Heritage Museum is conveniently located on Maryland Route 65 between Hagerstown and Sharpsburg making the museum a perfect weekend getaway.
The Rural Heritage Museum Main Building is heated and air-conditioned. There is free parking for cars and buses. A gift shop is also located in the Museum Main Building.
All museum buildings are one level and meet ADA accessibility requirements. Individuals with special needs may contact the museum office for assistance.
- Do you have a question about the Rural Heritage Museum?
- Would you like to schedule a special visit for your group?
- Are you interested in donating or loaning an item to the collection?
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-420-1714.
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. Inquiries will not be answered on evenings, weekends, or holiday's.
Please note, the Rural Heritage Museum is closed for the Holiday season during the month of December. If you are interested in a private tour, please call the museum to make arrangements prior to visiting.