Please note, the Rural Heritage Museum is closed for the Holiday season during the month of December. If you are interested in a private tour, please call the museum to make arrangements prior to visiting.
Only a short drive from Baltimore, Washington, and Frederick, the Washington County Rural Heritage Museum is conveniently located on Maryland Route 65 between Hagerstown and Sharpsburg making the museum a perfect weekend getaway.
From Interstate 70, East or West
- Take exit 29, proceed south on MD Route 65 towards Sharpsburg for 7 miles;
- The Agricultural Center is on the left.
- The museum is located to the immediate right just inside the entrance.
From Hagerstown Center Square
- Potomac Street (MD Route 65) South approximately 10 miles on left.
- Maryland Route 65 North approximately 4 miles on right.
From Pennsylvania and Points North
- I-81 South to I-70 East to Exit #29 (Sharpsburg Pike - MD Route 65) South approximately 8 miles on left.
From Virginia/West Virginia and Points South
- I-81 North to I-70 East to Exit #29 (Sharpsburg Pike - MD Route 65) South approximately 8 miles on left.