Located at the Agricultural Education Center in Boonsboro, Maryland, the Rural Heritage Museum is open Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and available for group and school tours by appointment on both weekdays and weekends. Please call in advance for appointments to view the museum during weekdays and weekends. There are certain circumstances where the museum is not able to be open during the designated times. To prevent any inconveniences, we recommend calling or checking the website for any schedule updates prior to making your visit with us. Please note, the Rural Heritage Museum is closed for the Holiday season during the month of December. If you are interested in a private tour, please call the museum to make arrangements prior to visiting.
Only a short drive from Baltimore, Washington, and Frederick, the Washington County Rural Heritage Museum is conveniently located on Maryland Route 65 between Hagerstown and Sharpsburg making the museum a perfect weekend getaway.
From Interstate 70, East or West
- Take exit 29, proceed south on MD Route 65 towards Sharpsburg for 7 miles;
- The Agricultural Center is on the left.
- The museum is located to the immediate right just inside the entrance.
From Hagerstown Center Square
- Potomac Street (MD Route 65) South approximately 10 miles on left.
- Maryland Route 65 North approximately 4 miles on right.
From Pennsylvania and Points North
- I-81 South to I-70 East to Exit #29 (Sharpsburg Pike - MD Route 65) South approximately 8 miles on left.
From Virginia/West Virginia and Points South
- I-81 North to I-70 East to Exit #29 (Sharpsburg Pike - MD Route 65) South approximately 8 miles on left.